In previous years, memorizing vast amounts of information was the norm in college prep high schools. With unlimited information now available online, and new Common Core academic standards on the national horizon, today’s high schools must shift to impart 21st Century skills including critical thinking, teamwork, and creative problem-solving. Changemaker High School is ahead of the curve, already implementing the more rigorous Common Core standards. Notably, we also emphasize literacy, technology, and leadership across the curriculum to forge a college prep education worthy of this generation.
Great Teaching for Great Learning
All teachers at the Changemaker High School are highly qualified in their subject areas as well as in the art of instruction. They:
- Know each student
- Establish caring and empowering relationships with students
- Ensure a safe, welcoming learning environment for all students
- Provide appropriate challenge and support for each student
- Provide dynamic, interactive classes
- Integrate reading, writing, and 21st Century leadership skills across the curriculum
- Post syllabi online showing year-long approach to meeting academic standards
- Maintain good communication with parents/caregivers
WHAT IS SOCIAL INNOVATION?
HOW DO WE CHANGE LIVES?